What Are Bach Flower Remedies?
We often try to control our emotions in our minds, but forget that they live in our bodies. Trauma, depression, anxiety, fear, happiness, anger, and joy are all things that horses and human bodies physically respond to.
Many practitioners focus much more on the mind than they do on the body, but this can greatly slow down healing. You must address both mind and body for healing to occur and Bach Flower Remedies can help.
You’ve likely heard of Rescue Remedy, the most popular and widely used Bach Flower Remedy. However, most people don’t realise that there are 38 more Bach Flower Remedies you can use to support you and/or your horse’s emotions.
Bach Flower Remedies are liquid flower blossom preparations that contain the energetic signature of the plants. They encourage the user to return to an emotionally neutral state, helping move blocked and imbalanced energy out of the system.
If You or Your Horse are Struggling Emotionally
Bach Flower Remedies May Help
You may seek the help of Bach Flower Remedies to:
- Release deeply buried emotional issues
- Recover from a recent trauma
- Reduce stress
- Deepen your connection to yourself or others
- Accept a sudden change in your life
- Support you through a difficult time
- Ease tension within yourself or relationships with others
You may seek the help of Bach Flower Remedies for your horse if:
- Something doesn’t feel right when you work with them
- Your horse seems unhappy or uncomfortable, and you don’t know why
- You can’t even catch your horse
- Your horse “failed out” of training at some point
- Emotional connection to people or other horses seems impossible
- You’ve tried tons of traditional methods of supporting your horse but feel like something is still wrong
- Your horse is normally happy and well-adjusted but struggles with one specific thing (float loading, for example)
- Your horse’s herd is struggling to find peace
- Your horse is new to you, and you are building a relationship
NOTE Bach Flower Remedies are not a replacement for traditional medical, mental health, or veterinary care. If you or your horse need medical attention, please seek the help of a trained professional.
Bach Flower Remedies to Address Emotional Issues
Bach Flower Remedies address emotional issues. If you feel like you or your horse’s emotions are out of whack to the point that they affect your day-to-day life, Bach Flower Remedies may help restore balance.
The remedies are a starting point. They help you peel back layers of emotions you or your horse are experiencing, returning the user to their original balanced and relaxed state of mind.
It’s often beneficial for both horse and caregiver to have their own blends. Our horses are incredibly in tune with our emotions. When we recognise that healing needs to occur on both sides, we can reach new levels of peace and connections.
What Happens During Your Session?
- Before your session, Amanda will send out a questionnaire for you to fill out for yourself and/or your horse.
- You and Amanda will meet via zoom or chat over email (whatever you are most comfortable with) to take a deeper look at your responses and explore your current emotional state.
- You and Amanda will discuss remedies that will help you during this time.
- Amanda will make you and/or your horse a personalised treatment bottle (included in the consultation price).
You and/or your horse’s customised blend is created to support your current emotional state as well as your normal way of being. Amanda will share as much as she can about the flowers chosen for your blend so you can understand what they are doing to support you.
It’s essential the remedies chosen resonate with you or your horse. If they don’t, you are free to speak up at any time. Amanda will also offer her objective point of view, as sometimes an outside perspective helps you gain much-needed clarity.
Amanda brings her decade of experience in social work to each consultation, providing an environment to guide you and/or your horse towards that support you need.
Standard Consultation60 minutes
- A questionnaire will be emailed to you to be completed prior to consultation
- Initial consultation with Amanda via zoom or email
- Includes your personalised blend*
Follow Up Consultation30 minutes
- Follow-up consultations are available for those who want to review their results after the first 3 weeks of initial support
- Sometimes horses or humans require a new mix of remedies after peeling back their initial layers of emotions. For others, a conversation to debrief is satisfactory*
*Personalised blends are sent out via express shipping within 24 hours of the consultation. $14 express shipping within Australia, International shipping costs will vary.
Occasionally you may need to cancel your appointments at short notice. Amanda kindly requests as much notice as possible if you need to re-schedule.
- Cancellation less than 24 hours before appointment – full consultation cost due.
- Cancellation less than 48 hours before appointment – half consultation cost due.
- Cancellation more than 48 hours before the appointment – no charge.
The Wholistic Equestrian Promise
Amanda’s career as a social worker has given her over a decade of experience in a trauma-related field. As a result, she has the confidence and training to support you through this process.
Everything you disclose about you or your horse during our consultation will be completely confidential. Amanda offers a space free of judgment, allowing you to come as you are and ask for what you need.
Every horse and human has a story to tell and deserves to be heard.
Unridden horses are often retired or discarded when they no longer meet the requirements of their human. The emotional impact on these horses is incredible, and they deserve the space and time to heal from this trauma.
What Our Clients Have to Say
Eva & Piper
Amanda was so helpful and supportive during a difficult time with my mare, Piper. Amanda was happy to share her knowledge of Bach flower remedies, and made up customised bottles of flower remedies for me; one for Piper and one for me, I found the Bach Flower Remedies worked wonders for my anxiety! The WholistiBELLY (S mix) was also a saviour for our gelding Harry, who gets gut ulcers. I highly recommend the Wholistic Equestrian (Amanda) to anyone looking for something to support for their horses physical, mental and/or emotional well-being. Thank you!